Don't you just hate guys who know everything? Well, you can't hate Jeff. He spends most of his time doing training — and now it's all here on this site just for you.
- 16 Years with Caterpillar
- Hometown: Chillicothe, IL
My first job at Caterpillar was in Mossville building DD working on the 3406 crankshaft line. I have spent most of my Caterpillar career working for T&SD at the Peoria Proving Grounds as a Technician, working on most of the new models of machines we manufacture. I also spent a lot of time building new prototype machines like the 797-test bed back in 1998. I have also built E-series backhoe loaders, Excavators, Dozers, Motor Graders, Tier 4 work and many more projects. Before Caterpillar I worked at several different dealerships as a technician.
A typical day for me at work: either being on the road putting on training classes for dealers or at customer sites (my favorite), or sitting in the office behind the computer writing new class material (ugh).
I have several hobbies that I enjoy.
- Motorcycling with my wife on our Harley or riding my dirt bike on the trails.
- Restoring our old house that was built in 1881.
- Building hot rod Harley Davidson engines and fixing old motorcycles.
- My wife and I spend a lot of time searching out antiques and primitives for our house.
- I enjoy competitive pistol shooting at the local range and I teach classes for new shooters to introduce them to the sport.