COMING SOONBegins Apr 16
ACCEPTING ENTRIESApr 16 - Jun 1
VOTING OPENJun 1 - Jun 15
CONTACTING WINNERJun 25 - Jun 29
WINNER ANNOUNCEDJul 2
Congratulations to our Pizza Party winner, Dudley Construction Company Incorporated of Florence, KY. They received a special party from Caterpillar and a visit from Mike Rowe -- check out the video!
We are dedicating 2012 to thanking our customers - so be sure to click on the "WIN PRIZES" tab at the top of the page to see what other exciting contests are waiting for you. And get updates directly on the latest contest and prizes by liking us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/catproducts.
We would like to thank everyone who participated in the Pizza Party contest. Your stories are inspirational to those who rely on your hard work.
Anyone who runs Cat equipment. For verification purposes, you must have access and permission to submit proof of ownership from one piece of Cat equipment if you are selected the winner.
Upload a video, picture, or typed story via the submission form. (See submission page for acceptable file types.)
In your submission, just answer this simple question:
• What makes your work important to you and your community?
Watch all the stories, then click to vote for your favorite. Only one vote shall be allowed per e-mail address, per day from June 1, 2012 through the June 15, 2012.
The story that receives the most votes wins. Voting ends June 15, 2012. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
GRAND PRIZE – a catered party for you and your crew, featuring an appearance by Mike Rowe
REWARD FOR EACH APPROVED SUBMISSION – a Cat hat signed by Mike Rowe
For a photo or video submission to be approved it cannot include:
• Brand names or trademarks except Cat and Caterpillar.
• Photos, videos, artwork, writing, music or any other original work not created by the entrant, unless he/she has permission from the original author.
• One’s likeness without permission. For a complete listing of rules and regulations, please read below.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Promotion Sponsor: The Win Mike Rowe at Your Jobsite™ Dealer Promotion is sponsored by Caterpillar, Inc. 100 NE Adams St., Peoria, IL.
3. Who Can Enter: The Win Mike Rowe at Your Jobsite™ Dealer Promotion (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, the US Territories and Possessions), District of Columbia and Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec) who are: (i) physically located and reside in the United States (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, the US Territories and Possessions), District of Columbia and Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec); (ii) 18 years of age or older for United States residents or of the age of majority or older in the province or territory of residence for residents of Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the US Territories and Possessions and the Province of Quebec as well as where prohibited or restricted by law or regulation. Not eligible are: employees, and their immediate families, including household members, of Caterpillar, Inc. (“Caterpillar” or “Sponsor”), Mikeroweworks, LLC (“MRW”) or their respective parents, agents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliated companies, divisions, dealers, attorneys, advertising and promotion agencies, including without limitation Simantel Group, Ltd. (“Simantel”). The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, provincial, local and municipal laws. The laws of the State of Illinois govern this Promotion. In order to be eligible for this Promotion, each entrant, or the entrant’s employer, must have purchased or rented an item of Caterpillar equipment (“Equipment”) prior to the start of the Promotion Period (defined below). The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Promotion, including without limitation proof of ownership and purchase of the item of Equipment. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Promotion must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. In order to be eligible to win the prize of this Promotion, the entrant must be employed and the entrant’s place of employment must be located in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and the US Territories and Possessions), District of Columbia or Canada (excluding the province of Quebec).
4. How to Enter: To enter this Promotion, persons eligible to enter the Promotion are to log on to workshop.catdealer.com/win-prizes (the “Promotion Website”) and either i) upload an original submission (following the guidelines set out in Section 5); or ii) submit an original image and short story/description related to the video or image (following the guidelines set out in Section 5) (each, a “Submission”) between 5:00:01 p.m. CT on April 16, 2012 and 5:00:01 p.m. CT on June 1, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”) after which time the Promotion will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. The Submission should explain how the work “you” do makes your community a better place, and it should answer the question, “What makes your work important to you and your community?”. Entries should be submitted in one of the following formats; Cover photo, .jpg, .png, bmp; Video/Photo entry, .mov, .wmv, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .jpg, .png, .bmp. Any person who desires to submit a Submission must provide all information required by these Promotion Rules in order to have his/her Submission entered into the Promotion. Each entrant will be required to include his/her name, e-mail address, mailing address, city, state (or province), ZIP or postal code, daytime telephone number, and e-mail address, as part of the entry form. Each entrant must also consent to, and abide by the disclaimer that an entrant will be prompted to review at the time of submission. Sponsor reserves the right to remove from viewing any Submission determined to be in violation of said disclaimer. Lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be considered. Any disputes regarding ownership of any entry will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received, the number of website viewers who vote on the Submissions as of the conclusion of the Promotional Period and the quality of the Submissions. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Promotion Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
5. Conditions for Eligible Entries. In order to be deemed an eligible entry, the Submission MUST NOT CONTAIN material that, in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
i) Disparages or insults any person, Sponsor, or any other entity affiliated with the sponsorship, promotion or administration of this Promotion;
ii) Violates or infringes upon another’s rights including, but not limited to, privacy rights, use of one’s likeness, intellectual property rights, or that constitutes infringement of a party’s copyright, trademark or trade secret rights;
iii) Includes brand names and/or trademark, other than Sponsor’s trademarks, logos and designs for which the entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purpose of submitting an entry to the Promotion;
iv) Includes photos, videos, artwork, writing, music or any other original work not created by the entrant and/or by an individual who has granted entrant a perpetual right to use and disseminate said items and to sublicense to others the right to use and disseminate said items;
v) Is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or obscene;
vi) Promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
vii) Is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to, the laws or regulations in any state, province, territory or country where the entry is created and/or submitted.
Each entrant represents to Sponsor that Sponsor shall have the right to exclude or remove from the Promotion and the Promotion Website any Submission in Sponsor’s sole discretion, including without limitation on the basis of concerns raised in Section 5. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality, and all such liability shall remain with the entrant. Entrant waives any claim for damages resulting from Sponsor’s exclusion or removal of entrant’s Submission from the Promotion Website. Sponsor shall not be responsible for the failure to exclude or remove any Submission that is determined to violate any of the above prohibitions and entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, including without limitation Simantel, from any liability arising from entrant’s violation or alleged violation of any of the above prohibitions or that arises in connection with the Submission.
Each entry who submits a Submission that is approved by Sponsor will receive one (1) hat from Sponsor bearing the CAT ® logo and Mike Rowe’s signature. The approximate retail value of the hat is US$15.00.
6. Voting: All eligible Submissions will be displayed on the Promotion Website and shall be available to be viewed by any person with access to the Internet. Any person may vote on his or her favorite Submission between April 16, 2012 and June 15, 2012 (the “Voting Period”). All votes placed in favor of a Submission prior to the end of the Voting Period shall be counted and maintained by Sponsor or such party as Sponsor may contract with to perform this task. After the close of the Voting Period, the entrant responsible for submitting the Submission that receives the most votes shall be deemed the winner (the “Winner”), subject to the conditions of Section 5 above. In the event that there is a tie and more than one Submission receives the highest number of votes (each, a “Tying Submission”), a subsequent vote will be conducted within a reasonable amount of time in which viewers will vote on their favorite Tying Submission. The entrant responsible for submitting the Submission that receives the most votes during the subsequent vote will be deemed the Winner. For greater certainty, only one Winner will be selected and entitled to the prize described in Section 8. Before being declared a Winner, the entrant responsible for submitting the winning Submission shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail.
7. Identification of Winner: The Winner shall be announced on the Promotion Website on or about July 2, 2012 and the Winner’s Submission will be accessible on the Promotion Website for 30 days thereafter.
8. Prizes to be Awarded: The Winner will receive the following prize: (1) a one (1) hour visit by Mike Rowe to Winner’s jobsite, as identified on the information provided by Winner with his or her Submission during which time Mike Rowe will meet with Winner and Winner’s co-workers/colleagues; and (2) a catered lunch for up to fifty (50) people at Winner’s jobsite. Mike Rowe’s visit to Winner’s jobsite and the presentation of the catered lunch shall occur during the week of July 30, 2012. No alcohol shall be purchased or present at the event. TOTAL VALUE OF THE PRIZE: US $1,000. Sponsor is not responsible for selecting Winner which shall be based solely upon the total number of votes in favor of eligible Submissions. Winner is responsible for obtaining any and all approvals of the Winner’s employer and/or the owner of the property upon which Winner’s jobsite is located before being eligible to claim the prize. To be confirmed as a prize Winner, a selected entrant must promptly respond to notification and provide proof of eligibility requirements. To be confirmed, the selected entrant will be notified by electronic mail and/or telephone using the information provided on his or her entry completed with the Submission. Notification will be attempted a minimum of five (5) times. If any selected entrant does not respond to the notification within three (3) days of the final attempted contact; if the contact information provided is non-operative or non-operational; or if the selected entrant is unwilling or unable to accept the prize offered, that prize will be forfeited and the entrant who received the second most votes in favor of his or her Submission, continuing in descending order of votes until a selected entrant has responded to notification. Prizes may not be split, substituted or transferred. In order to claim the prize, additional releases and/or waivers of liability required by MRW and/or any applicable sanctioning body shall also be required as appropriate. Winner's prize package described above will be delivered to Winner at Winner’s jobsite by Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any prize package lost by any delivery method selected by the Sponsor to deliver any portion of the prize package nor for any errors on the part of any courier including, but not limited to, delivering any portion of the prize package to the incorrect address or location. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with one of greater or equal value in its sole discretion at any time, with or without prior notice or approval by the Winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for Mike Rowe’s failure to appear on the date and time specified herein due to illness or any interceding event outside of Sponsor’s control. Winners are solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes due on any prize.
9. Agreement to Official Promotion Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these official Promotion rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
10. Assignment of Rights: By providing the Submission to the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, each entrant assigns to Sponsor all right, title and interest throughout the world in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in and to the Submission. Each entrant waives any and all so-called moral rights or droit morale that it may own or be entitled to assert in relation to the Submission, now or in the future, under the laws of any jurisdiction throughout the world, to the full extent that such rights may be waived at law.
11. Representations and Warranties by Entrant. By participating in this Promotion, each entrant warrants and represents in connection with his/her Submission that: (a) he/she is the sole and exclusive owner of (and free of any adverse claim by any person, firm, or corporation) all intellectual property rights in and to the Submission; (b) the Submission is an original work, solely created by the entrant, that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Submission or any part thereof; and the use of the Submission as described in these Promotion Rules will not infringe the proprietary rights, including without limitation the intellectual property rights, of any third party; (c) all necessary licences, permissions and consents have been obtained, including without limitation those related to the use of identifiable individuals and/or music and other copyrighted works in the Submission; (d) the use of the Submission, as described in these Promotion Rules, will be in compliance with any third-party licenses pertaining to the Submission; (e) the Submission is not obscene or libelous, and does not violate any rights of any third party, including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity; (f) the Submission does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Submission; (g) the Submission and its use as described in these Promotion Rules will not violate any federal, provincial, state or local laws or ordinances; and (h) he/she has the right to assign the rights to Sponsor as required in these Promotion Rules.
12. Terms and Conditions: All entries and Submissions uploaded by entrants become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of entry submission and/or upload of Submission does not equate to proof of receipt. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state provincial and local laws and regulations. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Promotion Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No correspondence will be entered into by Sponsor. None of Sponsor, MRW or their respective parents, subsidiaries, limited liability or affiliated companies, or each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents and assigns or advertising or promotional agencies, including without limitation Simantel, are responsible for: (1) entries, prize claims or notifications that are not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer or technical malfunction, or human error of any kind; or (2) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer or communications malfunctions, failures or difficulties, including public utility or telephone outages, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone system or network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers or service providers; or (3) typographical, printing or other errors, or any combination thereof; or (4) inability to access the Promotion or any Web pages of the Sponsor; or (5) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (6) data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or transmission systems, or the Internet, or any service provider’s facilities, or any phone site or Web site or for any other reason whatsoever; or (7) any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of being conducted as planned; or if this Promotion is not conducted due to technical malfunctions including any computer or technical systems (or any portion thereof) becoming corrupted or does not allow the proper conduct of the Promotion and/or processing of entries in accordance with these Promotion Rules for any reason; or if infection by a computer (or similar) virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, without obligation, and select the Winner by tallying the votes in favor of entrants after disqualification of such individual prior to or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. If such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of this Promotion occurs, notification will be posted at the Promotion Website. Any individual’s use of robotic, automatic, scripted, programmed or similar entry methods or voting methods will void all entries by that individual. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant that it deems to have violated or attempted to violate any of the Promotion Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any manner. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any phone service site or Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Promotion Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitation of Liability / Publicity: By entering the Promotion, each entrant (i) acknowledges compliance with these Promotion Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects; (iii) agrees that Sponsor has sole discretion to resolve any disputes as it sees fit; and (iv) agrees that neither the entrant nor his/her heirs, successors, or assigns will assert any claim related to damages, losses or injuries against Sponsor or its related corporations, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, including without limitation Simantel, attorneys, prize providers and affiliated entities, MRW and its parents, subsidiaries, limited liability companies, affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents and assigns. Sponsor, MRW and their respective related corporations, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, including without limitation Simantel, attorneys, prize providers and affiliated entities (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury of any kind actually or allegedly arising from entry into the Promotion or acceptance of any prize; (iv) disclaim any responsibility for any actual or alleged loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from any website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the a website by a hypertext link; and (v) disclaim any liability for either for the termination, suspension or modification of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person fulfilling any portion of the prize. By accepting a prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, and biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further notice or compensation, to the extent permitted by law.
17. Dispute Resolution: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Promotion Rules, or the rights and obligation of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction). Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the prize(s) awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall include attorney's fees. The sole proper venue for the resolution of any dispute shall be the State of Illinois and entrant hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the courts located therein.
18. Parties not affiliated with Promotion: Simantel, MRW and Michael Gregory Rowe are not sponsors of this Promotion and are not responsible for providing any of the prizes to be awarded.
19. Trademark/Copyright: All content on the Promotion Website, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video clips and audio clips (collectively “Content”), the compilation of the Content (meaning its collection, arrangement and assembly) and all software used on or in the Promotion Website are the property of either the Sponsor, MRW, their respective affiliates, or third parties that have licensed content and software for use on the Promotion Website. All content and software are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All content and other copyrightable material may be used only as provided in these Promotion Rules.
The CATERPILLAR trade-mark, the Sponsor’s logos, "Caterpillar Yellow," the "Power Edge" trade dress, other marks and corporate identity used herein are trade-marks of the Sponsor and may not be used without permission.
All trademarks and the likeness of Mike Rowe are used with permission. The names, trade-marks, service marks and logos used and displayed on the Promotion Website relating to Mike Rowe, including but not limited to Mike Rowe™, mikeroweWORKS™ and mikeroweWorks and Design™ are registered or unregistered trademarks of MRW or its affiliates or third parties that have licensed the these trade-marks for use on the Promotion Website. No license is granted for any further use of any of these trademarks.
All rights not expressly granted in these Promotion Rules are reserved.
20. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Promotion Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
© 2012 Caterpillar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.